About Me

I am Maira.

I am forever wandering to find myself.

I wonder the paths I will have to carve in order to establish a home for my mind.

I hear the soft echoes of yesterday tugging on my skin.

I see the light at the end fading away, disappearing and reappearing as it pleases.

I want so badly to feel the warmth of tomorrow, a place my soul urges toward.

I am forever wandering to find myself.

I pretend the earth will come to a halt and allow me to catch up.

I feel the impatience within my weakening body as home is not near.

I touch the radiant sky in hopes of finding my true spirits.

I worry my soul is powerful enough to self-destruct.

I cry for the day to shower me with revolutionary ideas.

I am forever wandering to find myself.

I believe in a world where not knowing is accepted.

I hide from the sharpness this universe instills in our bodies as our innocence is erased.

I run toward the sun hoping to find a better tomorrow.

I listen to the subtle emptiness of these paths, waiting for a whisper to guide me along.

I know inside my heart that there is an eagle wanting to be set free and soar into the infinite skies.

I am forever wandering to find myself.  

I understand that it will take time to reveal who I am.

I say to look up at the stars as they each twinkle at their own unique rhythm.

I dream of a land where no one has a clue but everything is alright.

I try to step out of this zone of comfort I know too well as home.

I hope to establish my ground in the purest way possible.

I am forever wandering to find myself.

I am Maira.

This is a small introduction into my life right now. I have recently begun to fight with the pressure I feel from society and myself. I don’t know who I am, however have recently begun a journey to find my path and my destiny. This piece illustrates how I constantly feel these days and I wanted to express that there is nothing wrong with it and that I am simply wandering to find myself and my home.  

6 Thoughts.

1. Dearest Maira,

I am incredibly touched by your piece. I often find myself searching for certainty and a direct path set out for the future. However, I try to find that within myself and wonder about my potential and the possibilities I may/ may not encounter in my life. This poem is brilliantly written and the lyricism of your verses are breathtaking. This line is my favourite:

¨I hear the soft echoes of yesterday tugging on my skin¨

In terms of improvement, I would suggest changing the colour of your words or your background photo to fit this theme because I struggled to read your poem since the colour of your words blended into the background. I would also suggest adding more punctuation to your poem since it will help with the flow and offer insight into the way your work should be read.

Nonetheless, amazing work!

Sincerely,

Liza

2. Dear Liza,
    Thank you so much for your feedback. It made me really happy to know that you enjoyed reading my poem since I know that you are an amazing writer yourself. I like that you mentioned my font colour and how it is a bit confusing to read it. This is because I myself have been having trouble with fitting my background and font colour into my theme. Thank you so much for you feedback, I will definitely look into it.
    – Maira

3. Dear Maira,
    This is a lovely poem and it is well a nice introduction of your self as a whole.
    However, this was fairly difficult to read and understand. I would hope you could add a bit of punctuation to the poem to make it flow a little bit more.
    Either way, This was an excellent read and I can’t wait to read more of your works.

-Melody

• Dear Melody,
      Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad that you enjoyed reading my piece and I will definitely take your feedback into consideration. Once again, thank you for taking the time to read through my poem!
      -Maira

4. Dear Maira,

I loved reading this piece so much! I feel the hardest thing to understand is yourself because it’s you that can take yourself to so many places. The way you dig deep on each and every line of the poem is just beautiful.

One thing I did notice was that your text doesn’t seem to appeal the background or the background theme was a bit hard to read with the text.

I hope that you find your identity into this piece and display your lovely self into your future pieces.

– Love, Zainab.K ❤️

• Dear Zainab,
      Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my piece and give feedback. I’m really happy to hear that you liked reading my poem and I have been recently trying to make my writing more descriptive so I’m glad to hear that’s working. I have been trying to find the perfect background so that the writing is visible, sorry for that! Thank you so much though for reading my piece!
      – Maira