Reading Ladder

June

Amount of Daily Pages Read: 19

The Almost Moon – Alice Sebold

Pages: 291

Rate: ♥♥♥ 3/5

Image result for the almost moon

Cress – Marissa Meyer

Pages: 289 of 550

Rate: ♥♥♥♥ 4/5

Image result for cress book

This month I only got to read two books since exams are right around the corner and classes have gotten very stressful. I am glad, however, that I took some time throughout this month to read almost two novels. The Almost Moon is a very strange book as the narrator is kind of crazy. She kills her mother and justifies it in many different ways. It was a slow book which is something I don’t really like but the story itself was quite interesting and bizarre. I started reading the third book of the Lunar Chronicles and I think that this one is my favorite from the other two because I really like the character. I do hope to finish it over exam break when I have the chance.

May

Amount of Daily Pages Read: 33

Cinder – Marissa Meyer

Pages: 363 (finished reading)

Rate:  4/5

Related image

Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs

Pages: 352

Rate:  5/5

Image result for miss peregrine's home for peculiar children

By The Time You Read This – Biles Glunt

Pages: 308

Rate: ♥♥♥♥♥ 5/5

Related image

I really loved the books I read this month. I finished reading Cinder which had a pretty cliffhanger-like ending. So, of course, I will read the next part, Scarlet. The second book, Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children was such a unique, disturbing, but also intriguing book, I couldn’t put it down. I loved the way the author played with different time periods but still kept it simple so that it wasn’t confusing at all.

April

Amount of Daily Pages Read: 23

The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini

Pages: 372

Rate: ♥♥♥♥♥5/5

Image result for the kite runner

A Wrinkle In Time – Madeleine L’Engle

Pages: 288

Rate: ♥♥♥  3/5

Image result for a wrinkle in time book

Cinder – Marissa Meyer

Pages: 27 of 390

Rate:  4/5

Related image

This month I went out and tried to find novels that I wouldn’t normally read. I got my hands on The Kite Runner as soon as I could since reading A Thousand Splendid Suns was an amazing experience for me. I loved reading it so much that I was done fairly quickly. I love the way Khaled Hosseini brings his writings and books to life as if you’re living the stories yourself, it’s so powerful. A Wrinkle In Time is a book that I wanted to read for awhile but never got the chance to. It was recommended to me by many people and it was a good read however not really my style of reading which is perfectly fine. Cinder is also a book that I wouldn’t normally read because of the genre but to my surprise it is actually really interesting. I love the way the author loosely relates it back to Cinderella but also how twisted and unique she’s made it. I really hope to read more books like these.

March

Amount of Daily Pages Read: 22 pages

A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Hosseini

Pages: 432

Rate: ♥♥♥♥♥ 5/5

Image result for a thousand splendid suns

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas – John Boyne

Pages: 216

Rate: ♥♥♥♥ 4/5

Image result for The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas book

Rumi The Big Red Book – Coleman Barks

Pages: 45 of 512

Rate: ♥♥♥♥♥ 5/5

Image result for the big red book

March was a very good month in terms of the books I had the chance to read. I started off with reading A Thousand Splendid Suns because a friend had recommended it to me. I’ve seen many people reading books written by Khaled Hosseini and the reason I took so long to grab it out of the library and give it a read is because of the genre. It was definitely a new one for me however I am so glad that I picked it up and decided to read it. I loved every sentence and was extremely engaged all throughout. I watched the movie of Boy In The Striped Pajamas and decided to read the book. It was very emotional and also an amazing read. I have begun reading translated works by Rumi and am still astonished by his writing. I hope to finish reading The Big Red Book this month.

February

Amount of Daily Pages Read: 28 pages

Magic Strings of Frankie Presto – Mitch Albom

Pages: 512

Rate: ♥♥♥♥♥ 5/5

The Paperboy’s Winter – Tim Bowling

Pages: 278

Rate: ♥♥♥ 3/5

This month I sadly only read two books. I hope to read at least three in March. I am really glad that I stumbled upon Magic Strings of Frankie Presto however, because it is hands down the best book I have ever read. It explores the life of a poor boy from Spain who becomes an incredibly famous musician. Each chapter is from different people who knew Frankie Presto as well as the six lives he touched (hence six strings on a guitar). The most amazing thing about this book is that the author is Music which I found so astonishing. The Paperboy’s Winter was a really good read however it was being dragged along most of the time which is why I gave it a three out of five. Overall I enjoyed reading both of these books this month.

Skip to toolbar