Part B: You, the Blogger

What Do You Think About Your Blog?

I’m really proud of my blog this year. I tried my best to have one theme and in one way or another incorporate that theme into every one of my pieces. The theme I went for was being lost and finding the meaning behind everything in life. While writing all my pieces, I imagined being in a forest with birch trees, aspen trees, fog, and the subtle sunlight peeking through. It’s really weird but it helped me keep my theme alive in every piece. It also helped set the mood, the one same mood all throughout. As proud as I am with my blog, I don’t think my voice shone through as strongly as I’d hoped. I have an idea for the theme I want for my blog next year that I really think will represent my voice and my style. I hope to improve this in my writing, illustrating my voice as much as I can. I think that I was so caught up with the theme, that I wasn’t able to focus on my style and making the theme from that. 

Which Student Blogs Impress You The Most?

Zainab K. – My Disney Daze 

David – The Lost Art Of The Lyricist 

Claire – Claire is in space

These are three blogs that I have continuously kept myself updated on. I love these bloggers’ writing styles. All three of them are very different but so extremely powerful. I am always in awe of their pieces and the way they beautifully write each line, it’s magical. I am so proud of Zainab’s blog this year. Last year she would subtly incorporate the idea of Disney in her work, and this year that side of her writing has really shone through. I love the way she takes a story from Disney and twists it into her own work playing with the different perspectives and ideas. Every time David would share his work with the class, I would get goosebumps. His writing means something so important. Every piece on his blog has such a powerful message and the way he gets that message across is amazing. Claire’s writing is so unique and wonderful. I can tell by reading her work that she isn’t afraid to let her voice be heard. She doesn’t have one style which is something I really admire. I love her piece about IKEA, it is a really fun read. 

What Professional Bloggers Have You Explored?

I haven’t explored any professional bloggers but I do check out Rupi Kaur’s work on her Instagram page. She uploads her work quite often and I really like how simple her work is. I also really enjoy the works of Erin Hanson. I’ve always loved her poems. 

Skip to toolbar